Top 40 Articles on Homeopathy.
[click to tweet]
Click on the article URL to read. To download the article PDF, click ‘Print Post’. Destination>Save as PDF.
- Most Downloaded Science-based Homeopathy Articles Ever - Top 40 articles on homeopathy which have been most downloaded ever. You can download the pdf of these articles as well.
- Role of Homeopathy in Antibiotic Resistance! - Antibiotic Resistance is a global crisis – a slow-motion tsunami. Antibiotic resistance is as dangerous as terrorism. World’s 1st Antibiotic Awareness Week: 16-22 Nov 2015. WHO names 12 bacteria that pose the greatest threat to human health. Use, Overuse and misuse of antibiotics. Use antibiotics wisely because it kills both good (microbial flora) and bad bacteria. The most common bad effect of antibiotic is diarrhea. Taking antibiotics after the infection has cleared up increases the risk of bacteria becoming drug-resistant. Use homeopathy in primary health care and save antibiotics for bigger battles.
- Science-based Homeopathy NewsLetter - Quarterly 'Science-based Homeopathy' NewsLetter. Editor: Dr. Nancy Malik, BHMS. Published in first week. Subscription is free. You can unsubscribe anytime from within your email inbox. You can translate the newsletter into the language of your choice. As the number of subscribers to Science-based Homeopathy blog has crossed 3750, further email notification of new posts on homeopathy will be delivered to your inbox via MailChimp's Science-based Homeopathy Newsletter.
- World Health Day on 7th April - Health is not just merely an absence of disease but a dynamic entity where a state of equilibrium keeps the constitution of an individual whole in harmony. A disease is dynamic disposition in harmony of constitution due to either non-maintenance of equilibrium or physio-chemical alteration of tissues. The Cure is “the rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of health, or removal and annihilation of the disease in its whole extent, in the shortest, most reliable, and most harmless way, based on easily comprehensible principles”. The goal of the medicine is to stimulate the body’s defence system to assist itself to encourage its natural healing process and clear itself of any expressions of imbalance. It was Samuel Hahnemann who in 1790 first tested the effect of drug (Cinchona) on healthy human being.
- Arnica Montana – All you need to know - Arnica Montana, the queen of plants in Homeopathy, is one of the greatest medicine ever known to mankind. Arnica is the darling homeopathic medicine used throughout the world. It is used by homeopaths, herbalists, surgeons, physicians and physiotherapists. The medicinal uses of Arnica include bruising, pain (movement makes the pain worse), inflammation, injuries, trauma, Accidents, overexertion, fibromyalgia, soreness, tooth extraction, osteoarthritis, surgical condtions and DNA damage. As per CORE-Hom Database of clinical trials in Homeopathy, Arnica Montana is most often used remedy (n=103). Arnica is part of Relief-Aid for many athletes, sports doctor and coaches such as Jean-Marcel Ferret, James Ellington, Linford Christie, Annabel Croft, Jayne Torvill, Dr. Philippe Lageyre, Dr. Charles A Dixon, Zaheer Khan and Pierre Barrieu. Arnica gel was the first homeopathic product to be registered by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency in UK in 2006. Arnica has been awarded best homeopathic remedy by Vity Awards.
- Switzerland’s HONcode Accreditation of Science-based Homeopathy Blog - The 'Science-based Homeopathy' blog is honoured to received prestigious HONcode certification from Switzerland's Accreditation certification body 'Health on Net Foundation', an organisation accredited by World Health Organisation for providing reliable, trustworthy, credible and quality health and medical information. The validity of the certificate is initially for 2 years. We are happy to join the league of US National Library of Medicine, Mayo Clinic and American Cancer Society in holding this credential.
- A Decade of Research into Homeopathy: 1981-1990 - This is Part-1 of three-part series showcasing the Research in Homeopathy during the decade spanning from 1981 to 1990 [click to tweet]. The next two parts will showcase the research for the next two decades. In all the three parts, the research findings are shown in tabular form. The table contains data such as trial […]
- Friends of Science in Homeopathy - Friends of Science in Homeopathy (FSH) consists of 975 professionals from various science streams including health and medicine. According to the World Health Organisation, highly acclaimed service of Homeopathy is the fastest-growing and second-most widely-used system of medicine in the world. This has spurred the governments & regulatory authorities to increase resources, education, infrastructure and research funding of Homeopathy. The mission objectives of FSH includes encouraging universities to start medical degree education on Homeopathy, fostering good science in Homeopathy for better healthcare, right of freedom of choice of therapy for patients, Informed choice about Homeopathy, Health insurance for All, encouraging science-based pharmacies to sell and promote homeopathic medicines and educating the general public about synthetic chemical drug-based mumbo-jumbo medicine. The FSH initiative is supported by 'Voice of Good Science'.
- A Repository of Downloadable Resources on Homeopathy - This repository consists of 46 resource items on Homeopathy. The resource items are in the area of education, research, articles on specific disease condition, repertory, ebooks and ejournals.
- Homeopathy News Broadcast Live - Now you can get all the news and information on Homeopathy Healthcare from 3 social media networks: Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest at this webpage [click to tweet]. This webpage has been set to the automatic mode wherein the post will be automatically updated in real-time as they come in. So bookmark this page. You can […]
- [Solved] How to get rid of a Headache? - Types of Headache. Migraine. Stress. Relaxation techniques. Medication. Homeopathy. Natural remedies. Exercise. Lifestyle modifications. Research
- Subscribe to Top 20 RSS feeds on Homeopathy - There are three ways to get notified of every new post on your favourite blog or website By email subscription (You get notified of new post by email but your email is known to the owner whose blog/site you have subscribed to) By subscribing to RSS Feeds (You remain anonymous but you need to check the […]
- Homeopathy Worked For Me: HealthCare Chat Transcript - A healthcare chat transcript on 7 UK Celebrities coming together to launch ‘Homeopathy Worked For Me’ social media campaign. Have your say. Tell us why homeopathic medicine works for your health, using our official hashtag #HFM . This chat is extraordinary because extraordinary medicine requires extraordinary evidence. Pre-chat and post-chat tutorials included.
- Adrenal Fatigue and its Homeopathic Restore - Adrenal glands are stress supervisors. They release anti-stress hormone Cortisol which suppresses the release of the body’s “feel good” hormone Serotonin, amplifying the anxiety and also augmenting depression, as well as Melatonin, the hormone related to sleep. Adrenal glands are responsible for the “fright, fight & flight” response of our bodies. It is these glands which feel the maximum punch of nervous tension. Adrenal fatigue is a collection of symptoms such as body ache, fatigue (not relieved by sleep), nervousness, sleeplessness and digestive problems. Nux vomica (homeopathic medicine) restores this miserably imbalanced state of affairs.
- Download 72 books on Homeopathy - Click on the image to view or download 72 books on Homeopathy (47 books by 8 stalwarts + additional 25 books). Out of 47, 36 are PDF. Fast-track your homeopathic learning. DR. SAMUEL HAHNEMANN, M.D. (8) Dr. Hahnemann didn't agree about Cinchona in Cullen's Materia Medica.He performed experiment on himself in 1790 & discovered law […]
- Conducting Research in Clinic - A Guest Post by Dr. Saurav Arora (The Author) There has been a gain in momentum in homoeopathic research in last few decades as evident from various research studies and publications but we as clinicians have a long way to pursue when it comes to research in Homeopathy, but majority of times, we are not very sure […]
- Respiratory Diseases – An Overview - The big idea with respiratory diseases (asthma, bronchtis, COPD) is a hypersensitivity to foreign particles. The inflammatory response is a set of physiological processes meant to quarantine or destroy foreign irritants; this response may involve swelling, mucus production, and the stimulation of antibodies via a neurotransmitter and an antigen called Histamine. Homeopathy can help.
- Homeopathic Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder = significant anxiety, fear, helplessness and horror after exposure to trauma. PTSD may develop when the event is so emotionally powerful, and so much adrenalin (stress-related horomone) is released. Homeopathic medicines for PTSD includes Aurum metallicum, Ignatia, Natrum mur, Phosphoric acid, Sepia, Staphysagria, etc.
- Lives saved by Homeopathy in Epidemics and Pandemics - The term pandemic indicates a far higher number of people affected by the infectious disease in much larger geographical area than the epidemic. A mortality rate is a number of deaths per 1000 individuals per year. Genus epidemicus means that the treatment protocol of an epidemic disease is designed based on the collected signs and symptoms of a large group of patients in the same geographical area. Homeopathy has been a boon to the patients of scarlet fever, typhus fever, yellow fever, Pneumonia, Cholera, Influenza, Hepatitis, Dengue, Leptospirosis and Conjunctivitis during the times of pandemics and epidemics between the year 1799 and 2010.
- Obesity and Homeopathy [Simple and Easy Weight Loss Tips] - Overweight is defined as body mass index (BMI) of more than 25 kg/m2. Obesity is defined as BMI of 30 or more. Obesity is generally caused by two factors: exogenous and endogenous. Over-nutrition is as much malnutrition as under-nutrition is. If you are high on emotions, you tend to eat more. Some of the commonly prescribed homeopathic medicines for obesity are Phytolacca berry, Fucus vex, Pulsatilla, Phosphorous, Calcarea Carbonica, Thuja occi, Kali carbonica, Graphites, etc
- Breathing Difficulties and Homeopathy - Homeopathic treatment of Respiratory diseases such as Pneumonia, Asthma, Croup, BronchitiBronchiolitis, Cor Pulmonale, COPD, Epiglottitis using medicines such as Borax, Senega, Natrum Sulf, Bryonia, Digitalis, Crataegus, Kali carbonica, Argenticum Nitricum, Baryta carb, Antimonium tart, Stannum met and Phosphorous.
- The homeopathic therapeutic relationship – a patient-centered union - Guest Post Written by Uta Mittelstadt (The Author) The alliance between homeopath and patient is a critical one. The homeopath, by way of the homeopathic principles, requires the patient to share, reveal, and convey in explicit detail the nature of what ails him . The patient needs of the homeopath, in order to feel secure and […]
- No more Tension on Hypertension - Types of hypertension: primary, secondary, congenital, pregnancy-induced, white-coat, isolated and malignant. Grades of hypertension. Predisposing factors. Clinical manifestations. Complications. Prevention. Homeopathic medicines to treat hypertension. when high BP is associated with high blood sugar, high cholesterol and obesity, it is called metabolic syndrome.
- Medicine and The Placebo Effect - Guest Post Written by Vinton McCabe (The Author) I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about the “placebo effect.” Mostly because I have noticed that the Skeptics—that crazy-quilt of organizations in the English-speaking world who are making such a noise on the internet when it comes to something near and dear to my heart, […]
- Bigots vs Time-Tested Medicine - Guest Post Written by Iman Navab (The Author) Bigots  In 300 B.C., Hippocrates was accused by his colleagues; he was called dung-eater, because he so carefully took note of the character of the fecal and waste material. In 162 A.D., Galen, who guided the ideas of medical knowledge, was persecuted by the doctors of […]
- Homeopathy for Infants - it is essential for those who treat infants, to learn their language of pain and suffering, study and master their signs of distress and focus on studying their irritative and functional disorders that they tell by their gestures, symptoms and sounds. Mothers are usually the first one to know and inform others that there is something wrong with the child. The commonly prescribed homeopathic medicines are Borax (sore mouth), Nux vomica, Colocynthis, Magnesium phosphoricum and Carbo vegetabilis (colic), Belladonna and Chamomilla (earache), Podophyllum and Baptisia (diarrhea), Phosphorus and Aethusa cynapium (vomiting).
- Science, Evidence-based Medicine and CAM…..it´s controversial! - Guest Post Written by Uta Mittelstadt (The Author) Introduction Patients are increasingly making their own healthcare their own responsibility, and are becoming more selective in what treatment and therapies they use in their recovery from illness [click to tweet]. Dissatisfaction with conventional treatment that is indifferent of a holistic view of health may produce more or […]
- Research awareness in Homoeopathy: A descriptive opinion based survey to check prevalent research status - Guest Post Written by Dr. Saurav Arora (The Author) Title: Research awareness in Homoeopathy: A descriptive opinion based survey to see the prevalent research status Abstract: There has been a gain in momentum in homoeopathic research in last few decades as evident from various research studies and publications. This spurt in research activities aims at clinical, physical, […]
- Introduction to the evolution, significance and utility of the Homeovitality Micro-DNA therapy system - Guest Post Written by Dr. Peter H Kay (The Author) Preamble. In recent years many exciting scientific discoveries have been made that have enabled the development of further beneficial applications of homeopathic remediation. As a consequence, the Homeovitality Micro-DNA therapy system has been developed by the merging of scientific discovery, alternative health care technology and the […]
- Homeopathy Treatment of Sick Plants and Trees - Plants and trees do get sick like we humans do. Take the help of Homeopathy to revive and energise them. Agrohomeopathy is a branch of homeopathy where homeopathic medicines including nosodes and auto-nosodes are used by farmers and gardeners on sick plants and trees and on the soil. It is an alternative to use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides in agriculture. The benefits of agrohomeopathy include improvement in soil quality, reduction in fossil fuels consumption and pollution, economic savings and preservation of natural ecology, thereby directly saving the environment. The environment goes green with homeopathy. The use of homeopathic remedies for plants was first mentioned and practised by Baron von Boenninghausen.
- Homeopathy Follows an Eternal Law - Guest Post Written by Iman Navab (The Author) According to an encyclopedia such as Wikipedia, the science of Astronomy (not to be confused with Astrology) is one of the oldest sciences. Astronomy is a natural science that deals with the study of celestial objects such as stars, planets and galaxies. The field of professional astronomy split […]
- Zinc And Its Use In Homeopathy - Zinc affects our sense of smell, the skin, the nervous system and mental faculties. Medical research shows zinc as a key element in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, prostate cancer and Alzheimer's disease. Zinc participates in major biochemical pathways and plays multiple roles in the perpetuation of genetic material.Deficiency of zinc may lead to impairments of dermal, gastrointestinal, neurologic and immunologic systems. Zinc affects both specific and non-specific immune functions. High-protein foods contain high amounts of zinc. Zincum mettalicum is the homeopathic zinc.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis and Homeopathy - Ankylosing Spondylitis means inflammation of the spinal vertebrae (sacroiliac joints) that restricts the spine motion/mobility. There is a genetic predisosition to it. Human Lymphocytic antigen (HLA) B27 is a confirmatory blood test for it. Symptoms are most marked in the early morning and after inactivity and are relieved by movement. The homeopathic medicines for the treatment of poker back includes Aesculus, Aurum met, Calcarea carb, causticum, colchicum, Cuprum met, eupatorium, fluoric acid, kali iod, medorrhinum, merc sol, etc.
- Tongue in Disease and Remedial Diagnosis - The tongue is a muscular organ in the oral cavity. It is a mirror of the health of a person. The examination of the tongue (movement, moistness, colour, coating, papillae) provide some hints for the abnormal clinical conditions/diseases and remedial diagnosis.
- Guest Blog Series: Write For Us - Every month we will have the honour to introduce/feature one or more homeopaths/researcher/enthusiast who has a great deal of expertise in health/medicine/homeopathy/nutrition/fitness and people have admired reading their posts. They will share/contribute their expertise in the form of the guest blog post. We promise an opportunity to showcase your writing ability, knowledge and your blog/site in front of a wide audience. Your contributions would always remain free for others to read. Our current contributors have seen an increased growth in their social following and viewership in their blogs.The copyright is retained by you.
- Hair Problems and Homeopathy - The average human head has about 100,000 hair follicles. The major complaints about hair are hair fall, dandruff, alopecia aerata, premature greying of hair, brittleness of hair, split ends and dry scaly scalp. The pollution, late night sleeping, poor nutrition and stress are some other factors that have aggravated the hair problems in many. Some of the commonly prescribed homeopathic medicines for hair fall areFluoric acid, Phosphoric acid, Phosphorus, Graphites, Mezereum, Sepia, Silicea, Carbo geg, Natrum mur, Selenium met, etc.
- Ask For Evidence; QED: Quality Evidence Demonstrated for Homeopathy - Ask for Evidence" of Homeopathy because the scientific evidence is vital for good decision-making and optimisation of resources. You are welcome to ask research questions that may include the name of journals, request for full-text of the articles, the kind of studies published, articles on applied research in homeopathy for specific clinical conditions and the quality of trials. This campaign of educating the medical and health professionals, scientific community, patients and to the general public is supported by "VoGS: Voice of Good Science".
- [Revealed] Why Sportspersons love Homeopathy? - The sports injuries lead to damage of soft tissues, fatigue, weakness, inflammation and infections. Homeopathic medicines speed up the healing process and get the sportsperson back to training more quickly. They are demonstrating with their performance that homeopathy is effective not only in preserving but also improving performance on-field. There is no risk of doping. The world anti-doping agency (WADA) considers homeopathic remedies free of restriction unless they have been produced from substances listed as prohibited. Homeopathic medicine is used by professionals such as Peter Billigmann, Jean-marcel Ferret, David Beckham, Marko Pantelic, Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt, James Ellington, Linford Christie, Jim Rogers, Louise Hazel, Annabel Croft, Martina Navratilova, Boris Becker, Jayne Torvill, Elvis Stojko, Philippe Lageyre, Will Greenwood, Kate Schmidt, Zaheer Khan, Jose Maria Olazabal, Nancy Lopez, Sonja Johnson, Pat Riley, Arnie Kander, Paul O’Neill, Kelly Slater, David Moncoutié, Hermann Maier, Misty Hyman, Marie-Hélène Prémont, Daniela Gustin , Birgit Fischer and many more.
- What do Nobel Laureates say about Homeopathy? - Nobel laureates, doctors, scientists, professors and science writers had plenty to say on homeopathy. Nobel Laureates agreed that there’s strong evidence for Homeopathy [click to tweet]. Homeopathic remedies act as they are supposed to. By the end of the year 2013, there have been 5 Nobel laureates in support of Homeopathy, 1 in opposition and 857 […]
- Poll: Should pharmaceutical drug treatments be publicly funded by NHS UK? - Billions of pounds pumped in every year but the state and level of health of a UK citizen is not improving. Instead, 10,000 people in Britain die each year due to adverse drug reaction and drug intoxication . UK Govt launched an inquiry into NHS Officials and Doctors bribed by allopathic pharma companies . More and […]
- Poll: Which system of medicine would you prefer to use? - This poll is closed. A brief overview of 6 Indian Systems of Medicine officially recognised by Government of India: Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy (AYUSH) and Naturopathy.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2816487/ You can share this poll at http://bit.ly/wIaMsC This poll is also available at https://flisti.com/p/1ssu The shorter version (5 choices) of this poll is also available at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DrNancyMalik/posts/UPCJRqgk9TN (requires google login) […]
You can get all the homeopathy articles (77 articles) as an ebook as well which you can share on social media, email, WhatsApp and telegram
Read this article on desktop/laptop exactly the same way as it will look-like on a mobile device (clutter-free, free of menus and widgets)
FURTHER READING: A Repository of Downloadable Resources on Homeopathy
CALL TO ACTION: WordPress bloggers are requested to reblog this post. Use up-votes to bring attention to thoughtful, helpful comments.