Friends of Science in Homeopathy (FSH), an online association originally formed on 13th May 2011 as a research database in Homeopathy, consists of professionals from various science streams including health and medicine. In the last few decades, there has been an increase in the use of integrative (collaborative research and cooperative work) medicine like Homeopathy. According to World health Organisation, highly acclaimed service of Homeopathy is the fastest-growing and second-most widely-used system of medicine in the world  [click to tweet]. Homeopathic medicine is firmly rooted in laws of nature and proven principles of modern science and supported by sound research methodology for its efficacy and effectiveness [click to tweet].
The demand for homeopathy has spurred the governments (regulatory authorities) to increase resources, education, infrastructure and research funding of Homeopathy.
This has spurred the growth of homeopathy among health professionals and the general public. More and more people have availed the expertise of Homeopaths in many medical conditions.
Improving global health and to empower people to live vibrant life through universal access to Homeopathy
1. Encouraging Universities to start medical degree education on Homeopathy: The teaching of advanced medical courses on Homeopathy by academicians in government-accredited universities helps them to maintain the highest educational standards. More universities will be encouraged to do the same.
2. Fostering good science in Homeopathy for better healthcare: Homeopathy is subjected to the highest standards of research. By conducting quality research in Homeopathy, the scientists in research institutions have created new benchmarks in research standards. Other systems of medicine should also be evaluated to the same standards. More scientists will be encouraged to do the same.
3. Right of freedom of choice of therapy for Patients: It is a fundamental right of the patient to have access to Homeopathy and for a medically qualified doctor to provide the same. An informed choice about the various system of medicines including Homeopathy will create a level-playing field. For this doctors need to be trained rigorously in homeopathic system of medicine. FSH will strive and ensure that every penny spent by patients on health is utilised by advocating for the rights of patients including the right to be heard by medical doctors and the final decision regarding the type of medical intervention. People choose Homeopathy because they have seen it work when nothing else would.
4. Health Insurance for all: Homeopathy is covered by state and private medical Insurance companies by an act of Indian Parliament. Insurance cover for homeopathy is around £70 per year in the United Kingdom. Those who do not reimburse for Homeopathic treatments will be encouraged to do so.
5. Encouraging pharmacists to sell homeopathic medicines: Science-based Pharmacy has every right to sell, promote and recommend homeopathic medicines and earn.
6. Educating the general public about synthetic chemical drug-based mumbo-jumbo medicine (conmed/pretend medicine) where fraudulent manipulation of research data is common. Dr. Steven Eaton who faked research data for 6 years jailed for falsifying cancer drug test results
- There is nothing like alternative medicine. If it works, it is either evidence-based Homeopathy or Conventional Allopathic Medicine (CAM)
2. If the medicine is evidence-based, it is not alternative but homeopathy.
LIST OF FRIENDS
975 Friends of Science have already joined FSH in the last three years. Hover over the image to view their name and Click on the image to see their profile. These include mostly individuals (most of them are medical doctors).
- Friends of Homeopathy Australia
- North West Friends of Homeopathy
- Friends of Bristol Homeopathic Hospital
Q1. What is Science?
According to Webster’s New World dictionary, the word ‘science’ comes from the Latin sciens, present participle of scire, that means ‘to know’. The dictionary says:
- originally, knowledge.
- systematised knowledge derived from observation, study and experimentation.
- a branch of knowledge, especially one concerned with establishing and systematising facts, principles and methods.
- a). the systematised knowledge of nature. b). any branch of this.
Homeopathy, for example, is a science because all knowledge pertaining to homeopathic medicines is derived from observation, study and experimentation.
Q2. What is Health?
Health is not just merely an absence of disease but a state of equilibrium of the vital force that keeps the constitution of an individual whole in harmony. Health is freedom from pain on the physical plane, confusion on mental plane (mental clarity) and passions on the emotional plane (emotional calm) . Signs of good health, apart from others, is refreshing sleep.
 Homoeopathy that takes the long view of health, attempting to make our patients stronger and more capable of dealing with issues and problems independently of treatment. This is, in fact, the true strength of homoeopathy, to improve a person’s life beyond the immediate disease they present with.
Q3. What is a disease?
A disease is dynamic disposition (alteration) in harmony of the constitution (due to dis-arrangement of vital force) not just the physio-chemical alteration of tissues. Functional changes always precede tissue changes and pathology.
Q4. What is a cure?
The cure is “the rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of health, or removal and annihilation of the disease in its whole extent, in the shortest, most reliable, and most harmless way, based on easily comprehensible principles” . Cure means the recovery of the state of stability of physiological norms .
Q5. What is the position of FSH on research?
Worldwide research budget 4 homeopathy is <$2 million annually. Homeopathy remains medicine and science best-kept secret. Only scientific research can propel Homeopathy further.
Q6. What are those good reasons that patients prefer Homeopathic medicine as a choice of medical treatment in modern healthcare?
Some of the good reasons to choose Homeopathy are: Wholistic Medicine, Gentle, Excellent for psychosomatic ailments, better substitute to antibiotics, Tried and tested and Long lasting to permanent cure.
Q7. Where I can know more about Homeopathy?
Q8. What are the alternatives to Homeopathy?
There are 8 alternatives to Homeopathy
Q9. What are allied health professions?
Psychologist, Dietician/Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga
Q10. What is SCAM?
SCAM stands for spurious conventional allopathic medicine. In the marketplace, there is lot of counterfeit CAM available. It is a moral duty of the citizens to reject SCAM.
Q11. My question is not listed. Where should I find my answers?
FSH value your free membership. Stay informed. Individuals and Organisations are requested to Join
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Support the principle of good science in homeopathy by sharing your experience and expertise in wide range of health issues. Articles and Suggestions of activities and strategies are invited.
- Share this page on social media and let your contacts know about this page.
If you need more information about FSH, do write to us or ask in comment section below
1] World Health Report, WHO Global Atlas of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Map Volume, 2005
 George Vithoulkas. The Science of Homeopathy. The Three Levels of the Human Being: The Definition and Measure of Health. pg. 40.
 David Kempson. HPathy Forum
 Hahnemann S. Organon da arte de curar. 6th ed. São Paulo: Robe; 1996.
 Vitalism and vital normativeness, Denise Scofano,Madel T Luz